6.15.2012

First batch of art for Art-O-Mat shipped out!

I worked all weekend and made 50 original watercolor and acrylic paintings, mounted them (on boards that fit the old cigarette machines that they will be coming out of), sealed them with a nice thick gloss, signed, titled and dated each one, wrapped each one with cellophane along with a little note from me about the piece.


 drying with top coat


I think they came out pretty cute!

 the little note attached to the back

 all lined up


Working with these little blocks brought out the kid in me. I couldn't wait to stack them all up just for fun. 


All ready for shipping to the Art-O-Mat headquarters where they will find a home in a cool revamped machine and then find their way into the hands of an eagerly awaiting art lover.  Check here to see where the closest Art-O-Mat is to you.  If there is not one close to you, see if you can get one in a museum or gallery in your town.   You'll find cool stuff like this in the machines from over 400 different artists. 

I wonder if people will email me when they buy one?  It will be fun to hear where these little guys end up.

No comments:

Post a Comment